8.21.2008
Any Suggestions?
Well, I am looking for ANY suggestions from all the mommies out there! Any suggestions or tips that you have figured out or heard to help bring on labor. I feel like I am at a stand still with my pregnancy, and the closer and closer I get to my due date the more and more I do not want to be induced. Mostly because I am already a somewhat of a higher risk for complications due to previous female issues. So, this is what we have tried thus far: Walking(everyday for long periods of time..... sometimes more that once), driving on a bumpy road, Spicy food, Swimming laps, cleaning windows and mopping floors, sex, squating(which I could do more of), nipple stimulation and visualization. If there is ANYTHING else anyone could recommend trying, my ears are wide open!! Thanks!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That nasty oil stuff! Castor oil taken either alone or with orange juice, lots more sex, pineapple, walking up stairs...now go try them all!! now!!!!
When the dr. checked me two weeks before my due date she kind of dug around a little harder than she usually would do. After that my mucus plug started coming out for a week. I also walked every night and had sex the day before i started contractions. For some people I think that it just doesn't matter what you do. Good luck I hope he comes soon. Don't be afraid to ask for help from people I was and I was a mess emotionally. You just cant control your emotions and because of that I kind of held a grudge against Lucy for awhile. Moms always know best!
OKAY, I checked the Internet and ths is what I found: Castor oil isn't generally a good idea, so avoid it if you can. What it does is stimulate your bowels and give you really bad diarrhea this will generally stimulate contractions but there have been many cases of the baby being stressed out in this situation and release meconium (the baby's first bowel movement) into the amniotic fluid, which later, can be inhaled into the baby's lungs at birth. It can be very dangerous.
Raspberry leaf tea tones the uterus & may help.
Maternity Acupressure is probably the best natural remedy to start labor. There are scientific papers showing how it helps the cervix to dilate, baby to descent, and stimulates contractions to start. There are several acupressure points that induce labor, on the shoulders, lower back, feet, legs and hands. There is at least one book about the maternity acupressure method for inducing labor naturally (Easier, Shorter and Safer Birth by Lena Leino)
Spicy food
I was advised to have sex on top facing away. Also, sperm contains a natural chemical which helps to induce labour when everything is ready to go by means of dissolving the membrane (water sac). So, plenty of sex, if it's comfortable to do so, face away and on top. Kneeling on all fours and gently rocking back and forth is said to open up the pelvis a little more and encourage the baby's head to engage. I would strongly advise that you confirm any ideas with your midwife though. I haven't heard of eating any specific foods, apparantly, eating spicy food just results in indegestion and heartburn, which you could really do without! Obviously walking is good to limber up ready and plenty of rest! Nipple stimulation, while considered dangerous unless you are overdue can induce labor. The most healthy and safe way to help induce labor for you and your baby is walking. While it does not always work, if you want to try the safest way, this is it. Walking sometimes helps to drop the baby down lower in your uterus and prepare it and you for labor.
HOPE THESE HELP - MY MOTHERLY ADVICE...JUST SIT BACK AND LET IT HAPPEN NATURALLY...BABY KNOWS BEST!
Okay - reading this today (for the first time - four days after Wade's joyous arrival!) is too funny... "at a standstill" huh?!
I bet when you wrote this you never imagined being in full labor less than 24 hours later...! I totally emphasize... been there... twice! :) ~Amy
Post a Comment