I kept telling Erica that even though I was taking every last bit of vacation time I had and then some, I was not on a vacation. I about killed myself cooking, cleaning, feeding, changing, & laundering, all the while we were juggling family & friends pining to see our new baby boy, and trying to get enough sleep to still feel human.
I wouldn't have traded the last 3 weeks for anything but it was time to go back to work. I was ready to find our daily rhythum. I wanted to feel settled again but knew my thoughts would be dominated by Erica and Wade. Today was my first day back and after the day I had the last 3 weeks suddenly felt like the vacation I swore I wasn't on.
Let's just say it was a normal day at the office. Too much to do, not enough time or hands to do it, and nothing ever goes as planned. Pretty typical. As much as I enjoy bitching about how bad it is I think I feed off of the organized chaos that I have made my career. It keeps things interesting and usually makes the days fly by but nothing beats cooking, cleaning, feeding, changing, & laundering, all while juggling family and friends and trying to get enough sleep to still feel human.
I really missed my wife and baby today.
9.15.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jeremy you make it so easy to love you. I can rest easy knowing you are taking care of my baby and yours. Love MiMi
Post a Comment